Next Session: 26 November 2015 - Christchurch - 10:00am - 12:00pm- Flyer - Registration Form
Phone us now (0800 366 370) to register your interest for our next course
Have you come across asbestos recently
- Asbestos is still present is many New Zealand workplaces, however an increasing number of personnel are not familiar with it
- There are specific regulations detailing what can and can’t be done with asbestos materials, but do you know where asbestos is at your site?
- Do your maintenance personnel and contractors know how to recognise suspected asbestos materials, and what to do if they find some?
- Chemsafety open courses include attendees from a variety of industries – users of similar substances are grouped together
- The 2-hour session covers…
- What is asbestos?
- Why, when and where was it used?
- Identifying potential asbestos materials
- Health effects
- Asbestos legislation
- What you can and can’t do
- Safe work procedures
- Registers and ongoing condition checks
- Who should attend? Health & Safety team members, facilities maintenance personnel, contractors (we can now offer 6 CPD points for Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers)
- The session is held in Chemsafety’s new seminar room, or at your premises
- Chemsafety’s presenters are chemistry graduates (but we won’t bamboozle you with jargon) with many years experience in undertaking asbestos audits and monitoring across a broad range of New Zealand workplaces
- Custom Courses?
If you have identified the asbestos issues at your workplace, and need to bring staff up to speed with your procedures, Chemsafety tailors our asbestos course to include photos and procedures specific to the site.
- Other training topics include:
Safety data sheets, Exempt laboratory, HSNO for managers, Approved handlers, Workplace air quality, Noise.
call to discuss tailored courses
We welcome your call to discuss how we can help you
0800 366 370 -